- Stream your screen with others that are on the same local network. Users can’t control your MAC.
- Developed using Python
- Open source
- Very easy to run
- Tested with 20 concurrent students in a lab with cable connection
- Download zip and extract on your Desktop (very important)
- Install python and flask server on Mac (if not already installed)
- Run the following two scripts separately in terminal. (Open two terminals – scripts found in MyScreenMac folder)
- python screen_capture.py and python server.py
- In the MyScreenMac folder you should find a text file named ‘url.txt’. Open it and distribute the link with your audience. They should write the link in Safari/Chrome or other web browser.
- Lower the resolution of your MAC for faster streaming or else edit the ‘screen_capture.py’ script. In my testing environment, I have a projector connected with the iMac. Automatically Mac OS reduces the resolution when it detects the projector.
- Press ctrl+c in the terminal to stop the scripts